Monday 3 December 2012

RA Dickey Rumors

Over the past few days the rumors of the Jays possibly being in on the RA Dickey sweepstakes have been rampant. Only today to heat up again as the Jays picked up another back up catcher in Eli Whiteside  I started an countdown clock in my head when I heard of the waiver claim as to when the twitterverse would explode with rumors of JPA already having his bags packed for NY.  It was all of 15 seconds. 

What have we learned when hearing of the  Blue Jays in trade speculation? Two Things.....1. If they are involved it is going to be announced about 15 - 20 minutes after the initial story breaks. ie Marlins Trade, Rasmus Trade, Santos Trade, etc......2. If we have heard about it and it's not done ASAP it ain't happening.

This type of move just doesn't seem like something Alex Anthopoulos would do.  I'm not convinced he would see the value in giving up multiple young talented players just to get back one 38 year old pitcher who really only had one Amazing year.  I think if the Jays would ever do a trade for Dickey the Mets would ask for a bunch of guys and Alex would come back saying he couldn't give up that much without getting more back more....something like the Marlins/Astros trades.  If this is indeed the case I don't think the Mets have much more than Dickey that the Jays would want....Well maybe Niese, but that just opens a whole lot more questions.

Would I want the Jays to get Dickey?  Yes, very much Yes. For some reasons that I don't understand scientifically, Knuckle-ball pitchers are amazing in Dome stadiums and how knuckleballers mess up with other's teams swings is something that I would want on the Jays everyday of the week.  However, in my infinite wisdom of believing everything I read on the internet i'm about 90% sure that RA Dickey will never wear a Blue Jays uniform.   

No comments:

Post a Comment