Thursday 29 May 2014

5 Thoughts on the Blue Jays for May 29th

Here be what I thinking about the Toronto Blue Jays....

1.  If there is any truth to the rumor that the Jays are going to be on a tight budget for the upcoming draft, I can't help be worried about the short shortsightedness of Roger's Communication.  If we've learned anything over the last few years is that in order to keep payroll down you should draft and develop your own players.  Saving in the short team could lead to costing you more in the future. 


2. I am pretty sure that Edwin Encarnacion is a Robot!  There's not really any other explanation that could explain why he's so unbelievable right now. 


3. I know I said the other day that I wanted the Jays to get Justin Masterson at the deadline, but I was having a bad day I guess, cause I totally forgot about James Sheilds!  If I had the opportunity to get one guy out there who may be available it would be Shields.  Dude is a beast.  


4.  Something tells me no matter how the Tampa Rays are playing right now, there is no way that they are not in the playoff hunt come September.  At no time during that last series did I feel comfortable for some reason.  They just scream of a team that can make something happen at any time and if they get on a roll anything can happen. 


5.  I may have mentioned this before, but I think Jays fans often neglect Duane Ward. Not only was he one of the greatest Blue Jays of all time, but the guy has done more for grass roots baseball in Canada than almost any other Blue Jay.  I was pretty excited this year when Rogers decided to give him a go at working color commentary in the Radio booth when Joe Siddallis working the TV side.  He's still pretty raw at it, but he has an interesting POV to the game and hopefully he gets a chance to work on his radio work.


No comments:

Post a Comment