Sunday 25 May 2014

5 thoughts on the Toronto Blue Jays - May 25th 2014

After a beautiful weekend in the big smoke here on my 5 random Blue Jays thoughts for today!

1.  I spent most of my weekend listening to the Jays games on the Radio, and nothing against Sportsnet's TV production, but listening to the game on the Radio is second to none.  We are so lucky  here to have Jerry Howarth work for the Jays, I don't think anyone (for me) paints a better picture than Jerry.  I may also hate myself for this later, but i'm really warming up to Wilner.  When he 1st started it was tough to get through those couple innings, but now he's better than solid.



That is not to forget to mention how great Joe Siddall has been since he's jumped into the booth.  I didn't mind Morris last, year but Siddall has been a definite upgrate in my opinion.

2.  I really liked the little homage to Mother's day  today but a few of the Jays.  Yeah it's two weeks late, but it`s great to see the players wanting to make a display at home.



3.  How great has it been to see Jose Reyes start to steal basses again like it's 2007?  We are finally starting to see why AA wanted him in the Marlins mega deal so bad.



4.  Wonder if anyone in Blue Jays land is going to have the guts to say that they knew the Cubs wanted Drew Hutchison instead of Aaron Sanchez.  If you have someone tell you they did.  They are lying.  One more thing on Hutchison.  Doesn't he look like DJ from Roseanne?



5.  I was helping my Mom clean out her Garage this afternoon and I found one of the famous Toronto Blue Jays Mr. Sub gym bags.  Oh lord have we come a long way from the days of the gym bag as a fan appreciation giveaway.  Yeah today..they were giving away replica jersey's.  Bit of an upgrade.


No comments:

Post a Comment