Sunday 6 January 2013

Blue Jays Commercials

So over the past few weeks we have started to see a new Jays commercial with the intentions of getting the fan base excited for the new season.

Here is the newest commercial!

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=25978330&c_id=tor

I love it!  It does a great job of capturing the essence of a fun game at the same time building the excitement for the new year!

Seeing Jays commercials always make me remember some of my favorites....and here are a few for your enjoyment!

1. 2011 Opening Day - I immediately got jacked up with I saw this.  I loved how much it made me want the season to start.


2. Selling Hot Dogs - Just before the Jays went in an inspirational direction with their commericals they went funny with some Blue Jays trying to figure out how to get people to the stadium.  This one was my fav.


3. Overbay Bouquet - One season the team went the route of having their players act in the ads.The players they had were Halladay, Thomas, Wells and Overbay. Here is Overbay's add.  It's funny!  No LOL Funny, but it's funny!


4. 93 Coca Cola Commercial - Here is a classic from the 93 world series that Coca Cola made that had a lovely musical number re-worked to fit the world series winners.  Very Nostalgic indeed now!

5. Pink -  This is actually just terrible.

6. 90 Labatt Blue  - This one is my fav!  You know for sure that the guys at the end arm in arm enjoy'd a few labatt products that day at the ball park.


7.  Fan 1430 & Ricky Henderson -  Even thought Ricky Henderson was only with us for a short period of time, he was able to leave us with this gem from the Fan 1430.

8. 2012 Season Opener -  I really like the new direction of the commercials!  here is the 2012 version to finish off on.


That was fun!  I find myself watching each one of those more than 1 time each.

Hope you enjoy'd them!  Go Jays Go!

** The Jays have just recently released their new campaign for the start of the season!  They look great, but they are not very far off in concept from their past 2 season commercials.  ie Catchy Song, Players walking in slow motion, yadda yadda yadda....Here`s a link to the Jays site for your reference if you want to check them out.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?tcid=mm_tor_vid&c_id=tor


2 comments:

  1. I recall at least one coca cola commercial (maybe two) that listed names of players, but I can't find them online! I think I recall one line being "When Molitor's at bat you've got a home run". Do you have any recollection of this? I think it may have been in 1992

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't specifically, but the older commercials seems to have a little more of a fan friendly vibe to them. All the commercials that Sportsnet creates now seem to be very cookie cutter. I haven't updated this post with anything about this year's commercials, but who knows maybe that will be my next one

      Delete