Friday 1 April 2016

5 Thoughts on the Toronto Blue Jays - 2016 Blue Jays Season Predictions......YAY!!!! PREDICTIONS!!!!

With only a few days now until the season is set to begin so that mean it's time for the  "ANNUAL GUY WHO LIKES BASEBALL FIVE PREDICTIONS EDITION..... FEATURING GUEST PREDICTIONS FROM MY WIFE" .....It really sounds a lot better in my head then when you read it on a screen....Anyway...So here are 5 predictions that I will make for the upcoming season, however back by popular her demand...my wife will also provide you with her 2 cents on the upcoming season!

Here we go!

1. How many games will the Blue Jays win during the 2016 MLB season?


GWL Baseball Prediction:

I'm calling that the Blue Jays will win the AL East again in 2016 and finish with a win total of 94 games.  They definitely have a team that can win more games than 94, but I  think that we are going to see the AL East teams really beat up on each other again this year and that will cut down on their overall win total. You can say what you want about some of the teams in the AL East, but Top to Bottom it's still the most competitive division in major league baseball!

GWL Wife Prediction:

102 Games! All I figured out what was half of 162 was and then added a bunch more on top of that!  It's Science really....

2. Who will be the Blue Jays MVP?


GWL Baseball Prediction:

TROY TULOWITZKI is going to CRUSH baseballs and play Gold Glove Defense and it's going to be Glorious! I think Tulo is going to be on a mission this year and given that he's seems to be a lot more comfortable in his surroundings and with his teammates he is going to dominate.

GWL Wife Prediction:

I'm thinking Bautista because he's a free agent at the end of the year and he's due to be an MVP of the team!

3. Who will be the most important pitcher for the Blue Jays?


GWL Baseball Prediction:

Roberto Osuna!  I say this with a bit of hesitation as I really do think that how both Marco Estrada and JA Happ perform will ultimately go a long way as to how the team preforms, but what is making me go with the Blue Jays closer is how volatile the Bullpen was at the start of the 2015 season and how many games were actually lost due to late inning collapses over the first few months. I can't help but think that with a reliable bullpen culminating with a great closer can help  the team meet it's full potential.

GWL Wife Prediction:

Marcus Stroman - Everything I read on the Internet is telling me that Marcus Stroman will be the most valuable pitcher for the Blue Jays.  HDMH 4 Life Bitches

4. Who will have a breakout season for the Blue Jays?


GWL Baseball Prediction

Ryan Goins is going to turn heads in Major League Baseball by evolving into a + hitter all the while still playing Elite level defence at 2nd base.  I'm gonna say it now, but I think that when Devon Travis is able to come back the job at 2nd base will no longer be his....

GWL Wife Prediction:

Michael Saunders and his sprinkler loving knee are gonna be HUGE.....

5. Will John Gibbons end the season at the Toronto Blue Jays Manager?


GWL Baseball Prediction:

Yes!  You don't  predict the team to win 94 games and then predict that the Manager get's fired during the year.  I still love Gibby and I  don't think he actually gets the credit that he deserves in Toronto. Dudes a Boss!

GWL Wife Prediction:

He will not be fired!  I don't think it would solve any of their problems and the team seems to support him still.

++++BONUS PREDICTION++++

GWL Baseball Prediction:

Even though the Blue Jays emptied the farm system last year at the Trade Deadline, The Blue Jays will manage to pull off one more big deal at the July 31st trade deadline that will help propel them to the playoffs!

This deal will be more as a salary dump than a prospect pick up by their trading partner as The Blue Jays ownership group will be more than satisfied with attendance numbers and will approve the additional salary into the Blue Jays budget going forward!

6 comments:

  1. The boldest prediction here is Mrs. GWL's 102 wins! If it wasn't the AL East, I could see them hitting 100+, but because of who they play half their games against, I can't see it! But if it wasn't for the ALE, I may even go as far and say this team could power themselves to levels like the '01 Mariners....116 wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favorite part of MRS GWL 102 prediction was the way she got to it. Pretty much the same scientific reasoning that Einstien used.

      Delete
  2. Oh I guess you want me to share my predictions as well huh? OK here goes nothing.

    1) I don't give a lot of thought to pre-season predictions, but if I have to choose a number, I will go with 96. This team's identity if much more clearer this spring than last spring. Last year, they were still introducing the new culture of leadership with guys like Donaldson and Martin being brought in. It took them some time, but eventually got in going in a big way. With the addition of Tulo at the deadline, this team did one thing and one thing only: WIN...and that was with Tulo not performing up to his standards. But simply put, adding another true leader like Tulo helped turn this teams fortune around. Add on the fact that this team had a taste of it last year and I see them winning the division easily. I see the AL East teams bunched up for the early part of the season like most times before the Blue Jays really start to separate themselves.

    2) This is a tough one. I am HUGE on guys in contract years, and given Bautista's ST contract antics, it would be a no brainer to think this guy is going to have a MONSTER year. But it comes down to the left side of the infield for me. I can't even pick one so I am going to tell you that JD and Tulo are going to be absolute monsters for this team both hitting the ball and fielding the ball. Considering the majority of hitters in this league are right handed, have fun looking to the left of the infield boys. Oh and did we mention yet that these guys are hitting in the Rogers Centre? Yah, need I say more. We've always talked about the 1-2 of Jose and Edwin, but this is the new 1-2 punch you will be talking about.

    3) This was a tough one, but I'm leaning towards Aaron Sanchez. With Stroman, Happ, Dickey and Estrada in front of him, I am comfortable knowing they can all go at least six innings and with the offense backing them, I think they'll be fine. The 23 year who, because of his stuff, has been relied on in the bullpen for two years now and this is the year he contributes up front. Remember, last year started off a bit rocky for him (lots of walks!), but he settled down and eventually was their best pitcher before he was needed in the bullpen. This guy could be your #2 pitcher pitching in the #5 spot by the first month, I have no doubt. And if they really are serious about putting him the bullpen later in the year, well the hope is he has dominated in the starter's role and then move to lock down an already good bullpen. Honourable mention goes to Roberto Osuna. With the amount of blown saves last year and not knowing who was going to close, this problem at this time last year is no more.

    4) This is a hard one. Is it possible for JD, Tulo, Jose or Edwin to have a breakout season? It would be kind of hard to top what they have already accomplished! But if you need me to pick one, I'm going to go on again for Aaron Sanchez. Is he ready to take the next step up? Very much so. He has been in the show for the better parts of three seasons now. He has the stuff, he has the body. If he can put it all together and command the strike zone, this is the breakout year and dare I say maybe the type of breakout year that #32 had back in 2002. Now that's a BOLD prediction!

    5. Well this either goes one of two ways. 1) If my predictions fall to complete shit and this team under performs, then yes Gibbons is gone, Bautista and Edwin are traded, you get the picture? 2) When everybody above is goes exactly as you say, then the Manager is right there in October with the boys leading them to postseason glory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comment! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to reply.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) 92 wins and a wildcard spot
    2) Stroman - 24 wins & AL Cy Young
    3) see #2
    4) see #2
    5) Yes, no brainer.

    Good column, your wife should pick up the Bill for you to see more games this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100 agree with you! My Wife needs to take a more active role in putting her money towards my baseball activities! :)

      Delete