Saturday 15 December 2012

Blue Jays Rumors

Last night and today have been an interesting time for me in the midst of all the Jays RA dickey rumors.  Being that it is the Holiday season we all typically have commitments with our time to go to different get together's or even have people over and I'm no different.

So the last two days have been filled with me trying to sneak away at a number of these functions to try and ensure that i'm 100% up to date on all the possible rumors that surrounded RA dickey and the Jays.  

So it's been almost 36 hours of straight RA Dickey trade rumors and as of right now I think I have finally fallen back to earth and realized that since we have heard about it, it probably isn't going to happen.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have RA Dickey in the Jays rotation and I would absolutely would pay for him with some (not all) of our top prospects. If you look at the Jays prospects they all typically play the same positions, and these positions are the ones that are the most sought after around the Majors. However  you can only have so many people play one position, so you might as well trade those pieces away to fill your needs for current proven players who can help you win now.  

I mean isn't this the moment all Jays fans have been asking for?  How many years have we bitched that we have no chance?  When can you remember having the Yanks and Red Sox with so much uncertainty? AA has been working on this for a while.  Slowly gathering assets and re-stocking the farm system so the moment to strike while the iron is hot! The time is now for the Jays! 

Anyways I don't think this is going to happen.  Too many leaks from the Mets side.  AA has said publicly that the main reason he hates seeing trades get out as  it ultimately drives value up against one team, which he is clearly smart enough to realize.  Could you really expect anything else from the Mets, seeing how they have JP Riccardi on staff?  I mean remember how JP loved the limelight and talking to anyone who would listen?

Here's hoping i'm wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment