Tuesday 24 June 2014

5 thoughts on the Toronto Blue Jays for June 25th

5 Quick ones today! Enjoy....

1.  So the latest rumor out in the Blue Jays ever lasting pursuit of another starting pitcher has the Blue Jays needing to send Aaron Sanchez, Daniel Norris and Dalton Pompey to the Cubs for Jeff Samardzija!  Now I can debate whether it's a fair trade or not, but I won't cause I am not a scout and I have only seen Sanchez pitch of the three Jays prospects!  What I will comment on is that I am pretty excited that the Jays would have enough in their system to get a deal like this done!  I think it really shows how great a job AA has done with the team's minor league system that even after gutting it they still have enough talent to get one of the elite pitchers available if they needed to.  I think this is one of the 1st steps that Fans should take notice of on how the organization is turning itself around.   A strong minor league development system is something that the Jays have long missed and if it's developped right could mean for a long run of success for the MLB Team.



2  Every time I go to a Jays game I'm amazed at how bad some of the fake jersey get!  Now I understand authentic jersey's are expensive, but come on people!  You don't need to buy your Jays Jersey at a Gas Station!



3.  Outside of a triple is there anything more exciting than an outfield assist?  I don't think so.  I love the anticipation of watching a laser beam of a throw come in from the outfield and kill a runner at any given base!  It's great except if it's against the Jays that is!  That being said we are really lucky as Jays fans to have one of the best arms in the game playing RF, so we get to see some of this type of magic more often that other teams do!



4. With the walk off win tonight that Jays are guaranteed the Series Win against the Yankees!  This is big...really big!  In the season long chase to stay .500 in the AL East taking 2 of 3 from the one team that is killing you so far this year is key!  I said it before and I'll say it again...If the Jays are going to be in the playoff hunt come September they are going to have to beat AL East consistently this year, and this help get them closer to this goal!

**Jays shouldn't be happy with just the Series Win!  If they go out tomorrow and sweep the series it should silence the critics and rejuvenate the team after a tough road trip! We also may need to make room again on the bandwagon.



5. It was announced yesterday that Jose Bautista will be the Captain of the American League team in this year's Home Run Derby!  Right Now I would assume he would pick...Cruz, Encarnacion and Abreu to be his team, with the chance that he brings back defending Champ Yoenis Cespedes.  Whoever he picks to make up his team I would feel pretty safe putting $$$ down on the American League to come out on top this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment