Monday 16 June 2014

5 Thoughts on the Toronto Blue Jays for June 16th

5 Thoughts on an off day!

1.  Looks like Kawasaki is coming back.  A little indifferent here. If Adam Lind is the guy going to the DL i'm a little confused as to why Dan Johnson isn't the guy coming up.  LH bat, good OBP in Buffalo, some pop, and can play 1st base...... Ummmm and why is Kawaski coming up?  Another middle infielder?  I guess you could say another SS to give Reyes a day off maybe?  He typically has good at bats, and maybe it's a way to get Kratz some at bats...



2. Jays had some help tonight from the Rays with them beating the Orioles! With the Jays having played 3 more games already than the Orioles, a loss with a Jays off day is a bonus for sure!



3.  Big start for Stroman tomorrow!  First start close to Home and an important series to boot.  It's really important for the Jays to start the series off well and coupled with going against Tanaka, Storman is going to need to be on his best.  It's a good thing for him however as it will be the Yankees first look at him and I think I may the Jays will be the 1st team to face Tanaka for a 2nd time.  Hopefully they learned something the 1st time.



4. Trade rumors are really starting to heat up and you would have to think that the Jays are going to do something to really sure up their rotation.  Too many questions on who will finish the year off as a part of the 5 man, but the question will ultimately be do they jays have enough in the cupboard to make a trade for an impact arm and are they willing to give it away?  God hates a coward so I think AA makes a move.

 

5. Will Rob Rasmussen be the guy who comes up Cecil is put on the DL?  I mean it's got to be right?  You can't leave Loup as the only LH pitcher in the bullpen right? Am I right? Tell me i'm right!!!!



Other stuff!

RIP to Tony Gwynn!  I can't comment on him as a man (but listening to anyone who had a connection to him it's clear that he was a great man), but he was a Hell of a ball player!  Growing up I always found myself amazed by his ability to be an impact player!  It sucks how it sometimes take something like someone passing away to realize just how good he really was!  Check out his stats over the course of his career...They were ridiculous!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/gwynnto01.shtml



Worse Baseball Joke Ever?

I asked my kid to tell me a joke today and here it is!

Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Come!

Come Who?

Melky Comebrera

Thank God he's 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment