Friday 6 June 2014

5 Toronto Blue Jays thoughts for June 6th

1. Well we are two days into the MLB first year player draft and  to be honest I didn't really get a chance to pay as much attention to it as I would have normally as I'm traveling for work this weekend.  I was sitting in my hotel room constantly hitting refresh on a bad wifi signal trying to follow what was happening and if I were one to believe everything that I hear on the Internet I should be very happy!  Two high profile College players and a steal in the 2nd round look like a solid days work to me.  Didn't see a whole lot about day 2, but I hear some high school arms were taken.  I imagine that we'll see some throw away picks between round 7-10 looking to clear some slot room.   If you're looking for a breakdown of day one mlb.com has a decent overview along with a few cool videos
http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140605&content_id=78406310&notebook_id=78414914&vkey=notebook_tor&c_id=tor



2. Marcus Stroman pitched 6 innings tonight and looked to settle down pretty well after the first few innings.  This was a nice test for Storman, given he had the Royals for his 1st start, going against a proven winner in the Cardinals and preforming well should only help his confidence!   Guy defiantly has some swagger!



3. Tonight marked the 25th anniversary of the 1st Jays game at the SkyDome and in order to help celebrate this the Jays had Jimmy Key throw out the 1st pitch.  Sportsnet then had Jimmy in the TV booth with Buck and Tabler during the 3rd inning and the Dude was funny!  Told some great stories (especially one about George Bell eating 2 Big Macs before most games and getting mad a Key if a ball was hit to him) and showed a much different persona that I didnt associat with him.  It was great!



4. I'm just going to say it again, but as nice it is to have Pitch Trax is to see where every pitch comes in, but man does it ever make me angry about what's called for balls and strikes.  I guess it's that I have to sit there and stare at all those called strikes that were clearly out of the zone!  It's like they are mocking me!



5. Yeah I am a little embarrassed to say this, as it is June 6th, but I am already scoreboard watching!  I spent last night watching the Orioles/Rangers game cheering for the Rangers!  I don't want to see what i'm acting like if we in the playoff hunt come September.

No comments:

Post a Comment