Wednesday 10 July 2013

Best Anti John Gibbons Comment I've Heard!

This is going to be short and sweet, but I need to share.

1st off let me preface this by saying that i'm a big fan/supporter of John Gibbons.  I think he's a very under appreciated as a manager and I find that he's often the scrape goat to none baseball media who are placed on local Talk Radio and forced to come up with opinions on baseball (Cough Damion Cox Cough).

Anyways I got into a conversation the other day with someone on Gibbons and the person on the other end was arguing that Gibbons should be fired because he "Didn't appoint a leader" to the team.  This individual said that Gibbons 1st mistake was that he didn't go up to RA Dickey and tell him that he was the leader of the team and expect him to then go forward and lead the team to victory!  (I`m not saying Dickey isn`t a leader to this team btw)

I was pretty much in baseball debate heaven.  I mean it may just be me here, but if you have to tell someone to be a leader then I don't think that person is much of a leader!  Leadership comes from within, and not everyone is cut out to be a leader, you can't just tap someone on the shoulder and say "Hey you..go lead".  If this team is to have a "Leader"  that person probably already knows what is expected of them and knows what needs to be said.  That is what leaders do.

Leave Gibby be..The guy knows what he`s doing.. Gibby The Best!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment