Monday 5 October 2015

5 Thoughts on the Toronto Blue Jays - Top 5 Memories of the 2015 Regular season

Well yesterday marked the end of the 2015 regular season!  162 games down and now we wait until Thursday October 8th for the ALDS where the Toronto Blue Jays will face off against the Texas Rangers in a best of 5 series!

Until then I'm sure there is going to be tons of speculation on the 25 man playoff roster, countless talk on Mark Buehrle's march towards 200 innings and a bunch of questioning of John Gibbons.

Instead of any of that I'm going to go over my Top 5 memories from the regular season that we just saw.  Should be fun I guess.....These aren't in any particular order, just my top 5 moments.


  • Pillar's Spiderman Catch - In a year where we were treated to highlight real catch after highlight real catch from Kevin Pillar there really isn't one catch from him that stood out more than the Spiderman Catch to rob Tim Beckham of a Home Run on April 15th.  It was the 1st of many this year and I can't be convinced that there is one any better!




  • Edwin's Hat Trick -  Truth be told, I didn't even see this game live.  I had a wedding that day, but because of the magic of technology I was able to watch the replay later that night.  What more can really be said...3 Home Runs in one day is otherworldly, but the fact this was in the midst of the longest Blue Jays hitting streak of the year and the Fans acted the way that they did with throwing all the hats onto the field made this game awesome!  Seriously who offers to sign all the hats and give them back to the fans that threw them onto the field. 




  • Tulo Trade - I believe that most Blue Jays fans are aware that we were witness to one of the best Trade Deadlines ever by a General Manager.  What Alex Anthopoulos did over a week in July was something that I don't think will ever be seen again. For me personally nothing will stick out more from that week then when the word broke out that the Blue Jays traded for Troy Tulowitzki.  I was in utter shock!  I think a better word for it was "Giddy".  I actually couldn't sleep.  I stayed up for 3 hours after the trade broke at 12pm to find out as much detail on the deal as I could.  It was awesome.  I will admit the David Price deal was more important to the Blue Jays season, but the Tulo deal just caught me so off guard that it  left the biggest imprint on the season for me!


  • JD Home Run on B-day - This year on my Birthday  my beautfiul wife treated me with the most amazing gift that I have ever got for my Birthday!  She surprised me a room at the Skydome Hotel to watch a Jays game!  It was an awesome day!  I bought a Josh Donaldson jersey, a bunch of buddies showed up to watch the game, the Jays won in Extra's on a Josh Donaldson walk off homer, and to top it all off I lucked my way into getting Josh Donaldson on my Fantasy team!   Long Story Short....Made a deal that I thought was stupid at the time that consisted of me Trading Miguel Cabrera for Josh Donaldson and Andrew Miller IF.....Josh Donaldson hit a walk off homer run to win the game on the 1st pitch he saw in the 10th inning.... I still can't believe it actually happened exactly how I said it needed to.



  • Blue Jays Comeback in Boston - One thing that I will never forget about this season was a feeling of that no matter how many runs that the Blue Jays  may be down that they could come back and win! No other game was that feeling more present than on June 12th when the Blue Jays were down 8 -1 to the Red Sox and thanks to a 9 run inning were able to come back and humiliate the Red Sox for a 13-10 victory.  This team had a knack for coming back like no other Jays team that I've seen before and no other time was it more evident than this game!



Yeah I'm sure there are a bunch of other great moments that you may remember and probably think are more notable, so please feel free to leave your top 5 in the comments section!  Love to see what they are!.

Other notable -  Jose Bats Revenge Homer VS Garcia! 2nd win of the double header in Washington saving Gibbons Job! Russ Martin's 3run Homer VS the Yanks...... so much fun!

*Updated!  With the recent results from my latest poll question I've opened up the Top 5 memories piece of my Blog to my Wife so she can add in her top 5.  Here are her top 5 moments from the 2015 regular season......


  • The best part of being a parent is experiencing the many “firsts” that come from your children – their first steps, their first words and – their first baseball stadium hotdog.
  • For my husband’s 35th birthday, we rented a suite at the hotel attached to the Jays stadium to watch a game with some friends.  The experience was incredible!  I think however, the most memorable part was seeing the Rogers center set up and being used well into the next morning.  There was a tournament going on with some adults and we watched game after game being played until around 1am.  I loved how I could wake up, look out my window and there – in front of my eyes, was a beautiful stadium with people busy either playing or setting up for the jays 1pm game. 
  •  My kids are coming into the age where they actually CARE about sports.  Seeing my kids connect to baseball this season has been amazing.  They now ASK to watch baseball (Instead of the terrible Caillou brat),  they know the players, they recognize the Jays emblem, they throw the 6’s into the air like Donaldson when excited and they even ask me to sing “Take me out to the ball game” as a bedtime song.
  • During the hotel suite game, Adam made the deal with my cousin to trade Miguel Cabrera for Josh Donaldson. He was devastated when it happened due to he circumstances that the deal came under,  but is now dancing! 


  • The best part of this season hands down is seeing Toronto #cometogether.  I know some people get annoyed with people jumping on the bandwagon when things start going well – not me!  Positive energy is positive energy! It’s amazing how many kids/teens/adults are wearing Jays gear and talking about the games.  If even one person becomes a true fan out of this amazing season, that’s incredible 



No comments:

Post a Comment