Monday 26 October 2015

5 Thoughts on the Toronto Blue Jays. The seasons over edition

Well it's over!  The light has dimmed on the Toronto Blue Jays 2015 season and I can't say that I'm over it yet.

I worked this weekend in at a trade show in Ottawa and when I was leaving my Hotel on Saturday I shared the elevator with some dude who decided to make a comment on my Jays sweater and how it was ok for me to not wear it anymore cause they lost!  Not gonna say I said something overly rude to him back, but I doubt he tries to start a conversation with a stranger in an elevator anytime soon!

5 Thoughts....here they are

1.  So I will say this only once cause I hate looking into things in hindsight in Baseball, but I still can't get over that Ryan Goins didn't bunt on the 1st pitch in the 5th inning when the Jays have runners on 1st and 2nd with none out.  Yes I understand that Ventura wasn't throwing strikes and all that Bullshit, but the Jays needed that run!  I would much rather they take two cracks at moving the runners over in that scenario then taking 1 pitch and then laying all their hopes to move the run over on one bunting chance!



2. I think it's more than safe to say that Jose Bautista has used these 2015 Playoffs to put him in a place with the All Time Toronto Blue Jays!  I really can't wait until the day comes when I get to take my kids to a game when we can look at the picture below immortalized in statue format outside the Dome!


3.  I hate the Royals! Like hate them.


and I am not very fond of this guy!


4.  0 -12 with runners in scoring position! For a team that was clutch with runners in scoring position all year it's very disappointing that in their final game of the season they get shut out with guys in scoring position.   You live by the home run, you die by the home run!  It's too bad that some people will choose to blame Coaches/Managers for players not actually coming through when it matters.


How don't you score with runners on 2nd and 3rd with no out? 

5.  I am so not ready for Hockey to be talked about 24/7 in sports talk radio!


I will say this to finish!  I am beyond dissapointed with how the 2015 Toronto Blue Jays season ended, but......2015 was the best season of Toronto Blue Jays baseball that I can ever remember!





No comments:

Post a Comment