Sunday 29 March 2015

5 Quick thoughts on the Blue Jays on Sunday Morning

Here I go!

1.  Looks like Alex Anthopoulos was out 1st hand the other day watching Jonathan Papelbon in a game against the Yankees!  Is there anything to this?   I doubt it unless the Phillies are going to be giving him away for practically nothing.  I'm torn on if it would be a good move or not.  On one hand it would be great to have a little more experience back there, especially with a group that may be very green, but he isn't the same pitcher he was even two years ago!  What the hell!  Trade for him AA


2.  Osuna and Castro both got knocked around for the 1st time this spring yesterday!  It happens...no big deal.  I think it could be really telling how the both react in their next outing however.  Let's see how they handle the pressure.


3. I've really liked watching Kevin Pillar this spring so far!  I wonder how they are able to keep him in regularly during the season once Saunders is back!  I would hate for him to collect rust on the bench all year and not put his skill set to use. 


4.  I was reading that Anthony Gose is considered a Sleeper pick on some Fantasy Baseball websites this year!  I laughed....I will give him that he's had a great spring and he can say that he's made a change to his swing that has helped him get on base alot more, but i'm not buying it!  That swing is terrible and he should be lucky if he can fool the tigers into thinking he should be playing everyday!


5. I have my Fantasy Baseball draft today!  One of my favorite days of the year to be quite honest.  There's something about Fantasy Baseball that crushes all other Fantasy sports for me.  Yeah the season is long, most leagues probably have guys that check out a quarter of the way through the season  and it is a challenge to set line ups everyday, but the #'s that live within baseball make it the ultimate Fantasy Sport.  

I imagine today is also the draft for many other Fantasy Baseball GM's out there, so good luck to them and I hope they enjoy it as much as I do!


*This is a picture my wife took of me last year after the draft as I broke down my picks to her on my draft board.  Gotta love her for humoring me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment