Thursday 29 November 2012

Favorite Part of the Jays Mega Deal

I was asked yesterday what my favorite piece of the Jays/Marlins mega deal was!  The good thing was I didn't have to think up some on the spot answer cause I already asked myself that same question on more than one occasion since the trade happened.

I thought at first that I would love that we picked up Josh Johnson......Another Morrow for the rotation, potential Ace of the staff, but only having him for one guaranteed year made it a nice pick up, but not my favorite part of the trade.

Jose Reyes!  How could you not love a guy who two years ago won the NL batting title, could steal 40 - 50 bases every year and is the lead off hitter we've needed forever. Still injuries are a bit of a question and may take a while to learn to play on the turf at roger's center.

Two other pieces in Buck and Bonafacio are great, but not what i'm most excited about.

My favorite piece of this trade for the Toronto Blue Jays is Mark Fucking Buehrle.  The guy is a exactly what the Jays need.  A Veteran pitcher, who knows how to win and wants to do nothing but win.  Seriously..have you ever watched him pitch the guy works fast and looks he may kill someone if he walks someone.  The guy is going to get hit around and may even end up being only a .500  pitcher with the jays, but what this team has been missing since Halladay left was a Veteran presence that young pitchers can learn from.

I'm still pumped about the way this deal worked out for the Jays. It obviously sucks to loose all the great young players that went to Miami, but most Jays fans realize that the team was always picking up the young talent with the intent of one day moving most of them when the time came. But seriously we got Mark Fucking Buehrle.


No comments:

Post a Comment