Thursday 24 September 2015

5 Thoughts on Toronto Blue Jays Baseball - Off Day Edition

Hi!  So.....The Blue Jays are still really good at Baseball, and that's nice!  Here are 5 things that have crossed my mind about those aforementioned Toronto Blue Jays Baseball club!

1. MAGIC NUMBERS are fun to follow!  I remember back in the day when I was much younger but still as handsome stealing the paper from my Dad and rummaging through the sports section in late summer to follow along with what the Blue Jays magic number was to make the Playoffs.  It was part of my daily routine to follow the numbers as they got lower and lower each day. It seems a little silly right now, but it was something that brought me joy to follow along.  Funny how baseball finds ways to remind you of being a kid even in some of the most unsuspecting ways!



2. Marcus Stroman is a BEAST!  Him coming back to the Blue Jays line-up and preforming the way he has through 3 starts so far is not only remarkable, but I can't think of a single other team that is in the midst of a playoff race right now that's able to add a talent like Stroman to their roster at this point in the season!  #gamechanger


3. Tired to get playoff tickets today!  It didn't go so well!  To be honest it's probably for the best.  Last time I had one of my favorite teams in a final was 2009 when my Penguins won the Cup in game 7. I watched that final game by myself and was such a nervous wreck that I paused the game through the most intense moments just to calm myself down! Good Times


4. Here's something that's Amazing!  Next year the Blue Jays starting 9 is pretty much going to be the exact same!  Sure the rotation is going to be quite different, but i'm focusing on the positives right now and almost everyone in the line up will be back and together for an entire year!  That is scary!!!! #moreexclamationpoints


5.  The Yankees series that just finished was the most exciting baseball as a Jays fan that i've watched in 20 years!  It's obvious to say that it was the most important since 93, but those three games were just awesome to watch!  The crowd, the drama, the back and forth between both teams just made for it to be an amazing three game set. 



Follow me on Twitter @gwlbaseball and don't forget to vote in my Poll Questions!  It's just the the side here =================================>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


RIP Yogi Berra - "Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical" 

1 comment: